miércoles, 28 de julio de 2010

A. Why is culture important in studying language?
Because language is a part of a culture and a real important part of it, but it is not all. There are things that are called"culture" that are really in a country like things that maybe are normal for you but not for that country. For example is not appropiate to kiss on the cheek in some countries a person that we have just met.
B. What aspects of your culture are most interesting for foreigners?

The are lots of them. But an efficient way of finding interesting aspects is knowing Costa Rican people, because they are who make most of the culture.
C. What aspects of your culture are most challenging (difficult) for foreigners?

I'm pretty sure that many of my classmates have mentioned this but the MOST challengings that I can think of are "Costa Rican's directions" because they are confusing even for us, and if an idea is confusing in our minds make sure that it'd be the double confusing when telling it and the triple in another language.
D. What do you like best/least about American culture?

What I like best about American culture is technology because it is something that benefits everybody. What I don't like is that white American people or the most of them minuspreciate black and latin people.
E. What do you like best/least about Costa Rican culture?

There isn't anything that I like best, because I like a lot of things about Costa Rica tourist places, people, traditions... I think I wouldn't finish today if I tell you all of them but what I don't really like is people that don't really care about getting at time at any place, and they say that everyone does it. But for that isn't an excuse.
F. What would you change about Costa Rican culture if you had the chance?
I'd change the poberty and make like a economic balance beetween people. I know that finishing at all with poberty is impossible but if it was I also know that it wouldn't solve every problem in Costa Rica, but it would be helpful.
NOTE: guys I know that these are the answers for the week 2, and I'm sorry I'm actually really busy studying for a really important exam that is tomorrow.Also doing personal stuff. I promise I'll do week 3 homework as soon as possible.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Sergio,

    Thanks for the comments and the explanation. I'll be interested in seeing your classmates' comments.

    See you tomorrow!
    Ryan

    ResponderEliminar